top of page

Changing Your Last Name After The Wedding | Indiana Name Change

Just married?!!! Congratulations!

Here's a quick and easy guide to change your name in Indiana after your big day!

Wedding planning

1. You will need a certified copy of your marriage certificate.

Mail: You can obtain your marriage certificate by Complete and return this order form along with a $2 check or money order) and a self-addressed stamped envelope to this address:Marion County Clerk's OfficeMarriage License Division 200 E. Washington Street, Room W122 Indianapolis, IN 46204

In Person: The Clerk's Office is located on the first floor in the west wing of the City-County Building, 200 East Washington Street, in downtown Indianapolis. The cost for a certified copy is $2 per page and only cash or credit/debit card is accepted.

2. Social Security Card: You will need to bring your marriage certificate and proof of Identification (Drivers license, Identification card, passport) to the following address: 575 N Pennsylvania St Room 685 Indianapolis, IN 46204. You will fill out the required paperwork and they will typically mail your new social security card within the next few weeks.

3. Drivers License: Bring your photo ID and certified marriage certificate to your local license branch. If your address has changes, bring 3 pieces of mail with your new address. Be prepared - You will likely have to take a new photo.

For more wedding day tips and tricks, -- Click here!

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Twitter - Grey Circle
  • YouTube - Grey Circle
  • Instagram - Grey Circle
bottom of page